HOW MANY WAGE ORDERS HAVE BEEN ISSUED BY THE REGIONAL BOARDS TO DATE?
From 1990 to present, a total of 323 Wage Orders were issued by the Regional Boards, 194 or 60% were issued motu proprio and 129 or 40% were issued by virtue of petition/s for wage increase filed with the Boards.
Number of WOs Issued by the Regional Boards
|By Virtue of Petitions||11||7||6||8||9||7||4||6||17||16||3||5||11||7||3||6||3||129|
WHAT IS THE HIGHEST DAILY NOMINAL WAGE RATE IN THE COUNTRY TODAY?
THE LOWEST? (As of October 2018)
For Non-Agriculture Workers:
- Highest rate is ₱537.00 (NCR)
- Lowest rate is ₱256.00 (Region I)
For Agriculture Workers:
- Highest rate is ₱500.00 (NCR Plantation and Non-plantation)
- Lowest rate is ₱275.00 (VIII Plantation) and ₱275.00 (VIII Non-Plantation)
For workers in Retail/Service Establishments employing not more than 10:
- Highest rate is ₱500.00 (NCR)
- Lowest rate is ₱275.00 (VIII)
WHAT IS THE REAL WAGE IN NCR? IN OTHER REGIONS (As of November2018)
The NCR nominal wage of ₱537.00 is only ₱458.58 in real terms.
Real minimum wages in other regions range from ₱220.99 (ARMM) to ₱339.85 (RBIV-A)
HOW MANY EMPLOYERS COMPLY WITH THE MANDATED MINIMUM WAGES?
- As of December 2017, compliance rate was 85.2% (Phils.) or 51,437 out of 60,372 establishments inspected.
- In NCR, compliance was at 87.1% or 16,281 of 18,692 establishments inspected. In areas ONCR, compliance rate was highest in Regions I (89.5%), and VI (89.4%), and lowest in VIII at 77.3% (1,211 out of 1,566 establishments inspected).
HOW MANY FIRMS HAVE BEEN EXEMPTED FROM COMPLIANCE WITH WAGE ORDERS?
- As of May 25, 2018 (2016-2018 Issuances), a total of 50 applications for exemption were filed with the Regional Boards.
- Of this number, 50 were disposed
20 or 40% were approved
25 or 50% were disapproved
5 or 10% were dismissed
- Disposition rate – 100.0%